Community Support Services
The Community Support Services are part of a wrap-around services provided by Te Puna Hauora where whanau and individuals can access support from a range of services offered. Whanau meet face to face with a kaiārahi.
All referrals are followed by a Comprehensive Needs Assessment and a Kaiārahi is allocated to suit your needs.
The role of a Kaiārahi is community based in home support. Our Kaiārahi will help you develop and implement your IMAP goal plans. Their role is to navigate, co-ordinate and or facilitate activities, services and opportunities to support your goal plan. Whanau and individuals are supported at all stages of their journey by their kaiārahi.
Community Services consist of:
Adult Mental health and addictions
Budgeting with Financial Mentors
Mana Mātua Parenting Programme
Journey through Changes Programme
How to access our services:
Access to Community Services is via a referral process. Referrals can come from:
• The nurse or GP at the time of your consultation
• Your Te Puna Hauora Kaiārahi / Support worker
• Other agencies including Ministry for Children, Non-Government Organisations, WINZ
• Self-Referral – Ask at reception for a Community Services Referral form
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org