Building Financial Capability (BFC) is part of the wrap around services provided by Te Puna Hauora. It incorporates a range of services and products that help whanau experiencing hardship to build their financial capability and resilience.
We offer one to one free budget advice for families and individuals in your home.
• Our financial mentors can advise and support you on how to manage your money better
• Our financial mentors can prepare and develop a budget plan
• Your allocated financial mentor will work with you to set goals towards financial independence and help you with a plan to achieve these.
This service is confidential, impartial and non-discriminatory
How Can We Help?
• Addressing arrears and overdue payments
• Advocate or finding out your correct entitlements at WINZ
• Advocate and negotiations with debt collection agencies
• IRD concerns
• Court Fine concerns
• Money lending companies
• Financial Mentoring – Understanding your behaviors and attitudes towards money
Things you need to bring to your appointment
• Your bank statements
• Copies of all accounts
• A list of who you owe money to
• Evidence of Income
Due to high demand please contact us if you are unable to keep your appointment
How to Access the Service?
Access to the budgeting service is via a referral process. Referrals can come from:
• The nurse or GP at the time of your consultation.
• Your Te Puna Hauora Kaiarahi/Support Worker
• Self-Referral – You can ask at our reception for a Community Services Referral to complete
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or our website